Thursday, February 06, 2020

It seems they have the same problem in Brighton as we have here in London...


When the council moved the Taxi Rank to the back of the station, their org reps told the drivers not to renew their permits to pick up. 

As these permits are limited drivers rushed to get in first and pay for one 

This below in their Facebook group👇
Have seen info that all the station permits have been allotted so there is no leverage now.

In all my correspondence and at meetings I repeated that permit holders would not renew because of the chaos.

I should have realized that the permit holders are not and have never been united. I was hoping there would have been a stand off with GTR begging the drivers to renew and then maybe some negotiation to review the fee. 

However I have to add that I do have empathy with proprietors who have not had any choice because they would not get a driver without a station permit.

And for better or worse there are some who rely solely on the station work.. so each to their own I suppose.

You pay your money and take your choice....but not going to waste my time anymore on this. 

I have far better things to do with my time.

Nonetheless I do wonder what would have been the outcome if all the permit holders stuck together on this...

TAXI LEAKS EXTRA BIT:
So there you have it, another story of Taxi drivers not sticking together and supporting each other. 

It appears the pound today is more important to most than the future tomorrow. 

No comments: