knowing that their decision not to suspend the licenses of 13,000+ PH drivers with fake DBS criminal record certificates last January, (and going on statistics supplied by the Met Police) could have resulted in as many as 30 young lives being shattered at the hands of rapists.
We knew there had been fake DBS results, but it was only after the news broke in the national press, we were told drivers with suspect DBS results would be given another 28 days grace to resubmit genuine DBS results.
Why have these drivers not had their TfL licence suspended already?
TfL would never had stood for Licensed Taxi drivers using a third party company which changed results at will.
TfL are reluctant to issue temporary relicenses to driver caught up in delays. Many Taxi drivers have been thrown out of work for months because of TfL incompetence.
And yet 13,000 PH drivers have been driving around with fake DBS certificates, putting the public at risk for the past 7 months.
If this hadn't been publicised in the national press, they would have gone un-dealt with for 3 years until all suspect licenses were renewed.
When asked by ex UCG chairman Len Martin, if a driver member stuck at stage 4 of the renewal process could be issued a temporary licence, Helen Chapman said:
"I couldn't live with myself if anyone had came to harm because I'd issued a license without being sure the driver was fit and proper".
Helen, how can you live with yourself now?
How do you sleep at night, knowing that as many as 30 young lives have been shattered because you are part of a team who decided not to suspend drivers with dodgy DBS results?
Helen Chapman, you stated many times that all PH drivers are subjected to the same enhanced background checks as Taxi drivers.
Yet you knew, as long ago as January this year, that some PH drivers were using a companies producing fake DBS results.
You even issued a statement telling the trade on the 23rd of January that TfL had stopped accepting certificates processed by third parties.
But then you did nothing about it.
By doing nothing about drivers using a suspect company, TfLTPH are complicit of allowing the public to be put in grave danger from sexual predators.
Brown, Daniels, Blake and Chapman,
are not fit to carry out the responsibility of protecting the public as regulators or arbiters and should be replaced as soon as possible.
Let's hope that the victims of rape, that occurred as a direct result of a fake DBS check, take these people to court, for knowingly putting them at risk.
We've been informed by the LCDC that Mke Brown will be meeting Taxi Trade orgs on Wednesday. Chairman of the LCDC Grant Davis has asked for the revelations given to the Times to be discussed, but to be honest, this should be on th agenda for the first thing this morning, as any delay could see more rapist victims with shattered lives.
So Onfido were doing the DBS checks for uber here's what one employee said:









7 comments:
Surely the trade have lawyers that can take up this matter and get TFL in court.
FORBES
Uber Faces Investigation For Potentially Violating Foreign Bribery Laws
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bizcarson/2017/08/29/uber-is-under-investigation-for-potentially-violating-foreign-bribery-laws/#770dd22b5e01
WALL STREET JOURNAL
Uber Faces Investigation of Possible Foreign-Bribery-Law Violations
https://www.wsj.com/articles/justice-department-investigates-whether-uber-violated-u-s-foreign-bribery-laws-1504040457
REUTERS
U.S. probes Uber for possible bribery law violations
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-uber-probe/u-s-probes-uber-for-possible-bribery-law-violations-idUSKCN1B92TG
Potential PH drivers have been knowingly providing fake DBS certificates as part of their application. Why are the Met not investigating this colossal fraud? Why won't every one of the reported 13,000 be prosecuted for the extremely serious offence of fraud? Campaign for this alongside holding the TfL management to account.
Reading about the DBS debacle, reading the phone transcript between the cabby and TfL regarding Stanstead airport, reading about the Buckingham Palace attacker, the Uber rapist and the Leytonstone knife man all licensed by TfL, watching the footage of CO's who haven't got a clue about the regulations etc etc etc etc!! If it wasn't all so serious, it would like watching a pantomime or a farce. TfL are DANGEROUSLY inept and TOTALLY UNFIT FOR PURPOSE!
And to think they are our regulator too! I think that is now totally unacceptable! The London taxi trade is renowned, across the world, for its standards of safety and professionalism. Our association with this mob must harm our reputation. I'm sure if we were a corporate body we'd be able to sue TfL for damages!
The old relationship between the PCO and drivers, based upon mutual respect, no longer exists. That mutual respect between a regular and a highly professional organisation is, in my view, vital.
How the hell can we have any respect whatsoever for TfL. They have proved themselves to be TOTALLY INCOMPETENT in running the taxi and private hire industry in London. It is time we demanded a total divorce from them!
Ian Taylor: I couldn't agree more ....
So correct me if I'm wrong the trade orgs are having a meeting what the fuck take them to court you bunch of yes men no wonder no ones borthing to join a trade union there a waste of space and I guarantee you this and watch and see Nothing will happen at the meeting you will all get fobbed of with a load of bullshit all you orgs have no balls your a bunch of wimps WATCH THIS SPACE LOL MUGS
Very well put sir,I agree with you 100%.
Post a Comment